There are two things in life that I wish I could invest more time into. Those are growing things and cooking. This post is about the former.
I always had a hobbit-like intrigue with things that grow, and are always amazed by how fast some plants grow relative to other plants and so forth. Since Susan and I moved into our house I did manage to plant a few various plants and trees around our back patio, but nothing major. I would eventually like to have a less confining plot of land and time to do more outside. For now, I will make do with what I have and try to grow some things indoors. No plans for anything illegal though.
Shifty eyes.Some time last year, I was eating an orange, and as I was spitting out seeds I was wondering if I could get them to grow. After choosing four seeds that I hadn't damaged with my teeth, I wrapped them in a soaked paper towel for a week or two, until two of them began to sprout. I planted them in some soil and kept them on the window ledge, where over a few months, they prospered and grew to about 4 or 5 inches in height. They then stayed about this height over the winter until they both died (at almost
the same time) earlier in the spring of this year. I kept photos of them along their life stages. Out of interest, here are some snaps:







I think next I might try some sort of hot pepper.
February 2005 ,
March 2005 ,
April 2005 ,
May 2005 ,
June 2005 ,
July 2005 ,
August 2005 ,
September 2005 ,
October 2005 ,
November 2005 ,
December 2005 ,
January 2006 ,
February 2006 ,
March 2006 ,
April 2006 ,
May 2006 ,
June 2006 ,
July 2006 ,
August 2006 ,
September 2006 ,
October 2006 ,
November 2006 ,
December 2006 ,
January 2007 ,
February 2007 ,
March 2007 ,
April 2007 ,
May 2007 ,
June 2007 ,
July 2007 ,
August 2007 ,
September 2007 ,
October 2007 ,
November 2007 ,
December 2007 ,
January 2008 ,
February 2008 ,
March 2008 ,
May 2008 ,
September 2008 ,
October 2008 ,
November 2008 ,
December 2008 ,
January 2009 ,
April 2009 ,
September 2009 ,
November 2009 ,
June 2010 ,
August 2010 ,
November 2010 ,
June 2011 ,
July 2011 ,
November 2011 ,