my brains the cliff and my hearts the bitter buffalo.
It's no news for anybody who knows me that Modest Mouse is my favorite band of all time, and has been for some years. Now that I've seen both Pearl Jam and the White Stripes live, and barring that Kurt Cobain probably won't be coming back, they are really the only band on my "must see live before I die" list sort of thing. It's immensely witty and thematic music. If you haven't had the pleasure, track down any album and you'll be in for a treat.
Anyway, I just noticed that their site at www.modestmousemusic.com has received a face lift. Loaded with recurring themes of the band, I thought it was neat: Check out the sinking ship, the hot air balloon, and the fish from the Sargasso Sea at the bottom of the page there. It also plays through a few tracks of this years acclaimed album.
Anyway, to introduce you to the band visually, I've gathered all four of the "official" music videos the band has ever made, starting with the earliest. They only really made videos from the past two albums (3 first ones from 2003's album, and dashboard is so far the only video from this years.) Here they are.