rob was here.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

rob to the internets: "oh noes!"

7 years ago, upon joining the faculty of Engineering, I was astounded that I somehow managing to get the illustrious e-mail address of rob-at-engr-dot-mun-dot-ca. I'm not sure why some other "rob" at the university didn't soak that up before me.

Since I graduated 2 years ago, I have forgotten my password and haven't been able to check my mail at this address. That is, until today. I noticed that I have Mozilla Thunderbird installed on my account on my parents old computer. Astounded, I fired it up. Ah-ha! It has retained the password, and allows me to view it! I would think this would be a significant security risk, but low-and-behold, version 1.0 of thunderbird will give you any entered passwords!!

Oh yeah, here is the downside of not checking your mail for about an epoch and a half:

Comments:
I was also delighted to find that Thunderbird had stored my Aliant password which I had long forgotten and couldn't set up on my new laptop..
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2005 , March 2005 , April 2005 , May 2005 , June 2005 , July 2005 , August 2005 , September 2005 , October 2005 , November 2005 , December 2005 , January 2006 , February 2006 , March 2006 , April 2006 , May 2006 , June 2006 , July 2006 , August 2006 , September 2006 , October 2006 , November 2006 , December 2006 , January 2007 , February 2007 , March 2007 , April 2007 , May 2007 , June 2007 , July 2007 , August 2007 , September 2007 , October 2007 , November 2007 , December 2007 , January 2008 , February 2008 , March 2008 , May 2008 , September 2008 , October 2008 , November 2008 , December 2008 , January 2009 , April 2009 , September 2009 , November 2009 , June 2010 , August 2010 , November 2010 , June 2011 , July 2011 , November 2011 ,

Friends

jeremy, pender, phil, reido, furlong, ajay, earl, angus, nadeana, charles, classBlog
Powered by Blogger Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!<  Use OpenOffice.org  Rob's Music Get Songbird