rob was here.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I got a Nobber after me.

I've spent the past few weekends digitizing old family movies. It's funny watching yourself from a distant point in the future. Take for instance, the movie I just watched/recorded from December 1990, where there was a young 8 year old me was sitting at his trusty Tandy 1000 computer playing a video game named Digger.

At one point, upon loosing "a man", I turned to the camera and made a bold statement "I have a nobber after me."

I wish I could pay for that sort of ignorance now, because I'd shell it out. Oh the carelessness of youth, how we squandered yee.

At any rate, apparently I thought a "Nobber" was a villain in the computer game I was playing.

... Upon further inspection, I didn't even get that right. The actual name of the villain is a "Nobbin" but I'll let that slide for now. The important thing to take home is the butterfly effect of me gleefully playing a computer game, and as my fingers fumbled on the keys I was seeding what was to be my future profession; a keyboard masher. I wonder if my parents hadn't bought me computers as a child, would I have become a computer engineer? I really don't know.

All of this got me thinking. Maybe my life hasn't really changed all that much since then. I mean, I still sit at a computer. I still strive to accomplish something on said device. Now that I think about it, it's a great analogy. Except instead of a Nobbin chasing after me, I have Visa, Scotiabank, Rogers, the Insurance Agency, North Atlantic Petroleum, Newfoundland Power, and the responsibilities of an Employment.

*whimpers*

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2005 , March 2005 , April 2005 , May 2005 , June 2005 , July 2005 , August 2005 , September 2005 , October 2005 , November 2005 , December 2005 , January 2006 , February 2006 , March 2006 , April 2006 , May 2006 , June 2006 , July 2006 , August 2006 , September 2006 , October 2006 , November 2006 , December 2006 , January 2007 , February 2007 , March 2007 , April 2007 , May 2007 , June 2007 , July 2007 , August 2007 , September 2007 , October 2007 , November 2007 , December 2007 , January 2008 , February 2008 , March 2008 , May 2008 , September 2008 , October 2008 , November 2008 , December 2008 , January 2009 , April 2009 , September 2009 , November 2009 , June 2010 , August 2010 , November 2010 , June 2011 , July 2011 , November 2011 ,

Friends

jeremy, pender, phil, reido, furlong, ajay, earl, angus, nadeana, charles, classBlog
Powered by Blogger Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!<  Use OpenOffice.org  Rob's Music Get Songbird