rob was here.

Friday, January 26, 2007

one cat. two cat.

Well I'm here huddled away weathering out storm # 2. The winds tonight are a lot worse than Wednesday. I hope things are going okay out there - I'm not hearing any loud banging noises that were indicators of siding flailing off two days ago. We still have those boards on the back of the house as seen in the previous post, so hopefully she'll hold up.

With sue away for work, I've been often at the house alone - but no longer. Last week we went out and picked out two cats at the Humane Society. We took said cats and placed them in our house, where they reside to this day.

We have been thinking of names for a while, and I was keen on names like "Harlem Doombringer" or "Richard Nixon: Cat Version".. Alas, we didn't go that route, but I've since dubbed the name "Harlem Doombringer" to a large spider that lives in the basement window. It was the one spider that held on good enough to not get sucked up in the vacuum cleaner, and thus warranted me leaving it alone from now on.

We kept one of their names as they were known at the Shelter; Bunny. Funnily enough, Bunny even has her own webpage, which shows that we've even adopted her!! Good News! it says!! Here's a screenshot in case it ever gets taken down:


The other cat was new at the shelter and had the initial name of Winter. I didn't like that name and vito'ed it, and we ended up with Molly. To be honest though, I haven't been calling her that.. I often notice I'm calling her "Miss Puss", or just.. "Puss".. She doesn't have a website, probably because she was a new arrival at the shelter, or maybe because she doesn't have the ability to author a webpage.

Anyhoo, here they are:


That's Bunny (black) in the back and Miss Puss Molly there at the front. They are hidden away now - they don't like the storm. Boy is it windy.

Comments:
I have a comment about vacuuming spiders.... it is this; BEWARE! A friend of a friend of mine (yes I said that), sucked up spiders with their vacuum. And when they went to change the bags a few months later, the bag opened up, and the spiders were still there!! Except extra HUGE from feeding on the crap within. So my advice is to burn it!! Burn 'em all!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2005 , March 2005 , April 2005 , May 2005 , June 2005 , July 2005 , August 2005 , September 2005 , October 2005 , November 2005 , December 2005 , January 2006 , February 2006 , March 2006 , April 2006 , May 2006 , June 2006 , July 2006 , August 2006 , September 2006 , October 2006 , November 2006 , December 2006 , January 2007 , February 2007 , March 2007 , April 2007 , May 2007 , June 2007 , July 2007 , August 2007 , September 2007 , October 2007 , November 2007 , December 2007 , January 2008 , February 2008 , March 2008 , May 2008 , September 2008 , October 2008 , November 2008 , December 2008 , January 2009 , April 2009 , September 2009 , November 2009 , June 2010 , August 2010 , November 2010 , June 2011 , July 2011 , November 2011 ,

Friends

jeremy, pender, phil, reido, furlong, ajay, earl, angus, nadeana, charles, classBlog
Powered by Blogger Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!<  Use OpenOffice.org  Rob's Music Get Songbird