Hello There! I purchased a MSI video card about 2 years ago. It's a RX9800 Pro 128MB-DDR videocard, model number 8956-050. Overall, the card performed very very well for the past 2 years, and I'm very pleased with the quality of MSI.Now we wait. I'll post the response if and when I get one.
Unfortunately, yesterday marked the end of the video card's mighty reign, as I found the graphics on the screen became "messed up", as the kids say. After a close inspection of the inside of my computer, I noticed the graphics card was exceptionally hot, and furthermore, the cooling fan on the GPU's heatsink was not spinning. I turned the computer off immediately. Now, I'm sure the graphic board itself operates fine, because if I turn the computer back on for just a few seconds with the graphics card cooled down, it operates fine.
Thus, I've come to the conclusion that I need a replacement fan. After scouring the internet and local shops for a simple fan to sit on the 9800's heatsink, I've come to the conclusion that it's not something as easy as I thought to track down. Which leads me to why I'm writing this. As the manufacturer, you're the most likely source on Earth to have some of these fans available. I think you can see where I'm going with this;
I would be very grateful if MSI would sell or send me a DC-fan for this videocard. Without the fan, this powerful videocard is just a paperwight, and I'm just unable to source a replacement fan anywhere else! It would be such a shame for this wonderful product to be put on a junk shelf due to a malfunctioning GPU fan. It would also be terribly disheartening for me to have to go look for a new videocard just because a fan gave out! I don't neat a heatsink replacement or anything. Just a simple little fan to get it back on it's feet. I attached a picture to this report indicating exactly which part of the videocard requires replacing. If a deal can be arranged for me to purchase a fan directly from MSI, please contact me back at (edit: my email address)and perhaps we can work out some details :)
Even better, if there are any, umm, "spare fans" lying about the place, and one just happened to be sent to me, my address is, *ahem*: (edit: my snail mail address)
Any response to this would be greatly appreciated! :)
Kindly, Rob
February 2005 , March 2005 , April 2005 , May 2005 , June 2005 , July 2005 , August 2005 , September 2005 , October 2005 , November 2005 , December 2005 , January 2006 , February 2006 , March 2006 , April 2006 , May 2006 , June 2006 , July 2006 , August 2006 , September 2006 , October 2006 , November 2006 , December 2006 , January 2007 , February 2007 , March 2007 , April 2007 , May 2007 , June 2007 , July 2007 , August 2007 , September 2007 , October 2007 , November 2007 , December 2007 , January 2008 , February 2008 , March 2008 , May 2008 , September 2008 , October 2008 , November 2008 , December 2008 , January 2009 , April 2009 , September 2009 , November 2009 , June 2010 , August 2010 , November 2010 , June 2011 , July 2011 , November 2011 ,
<