rob was here.

Monday, September 04, 2006

the legend of Belty McBelterson.

Belty McBelterson (1994-2006)


Belty McBelterson was a hero of ages. Fierce enough to independently hunt renegade Jagdgeschwader fighter pilots in his Sopwith; Gentle enough to raise infant meadow voles after their mother was sqooshed by a indifferent cyclist.

These two aspects of the psyche often conflicted into bewildering out-comes. Belty was once credited with leaping across a busy highway to save a troubled fawn, only to take it home to make it into a good pot of soup (for orphans).

I got Belty sometime in '94 or '95 as far as I can figure, and since then, it has been the primary weapon used by my pants in the perpetual conflict against gravity. I have other more formal belts, but Belty was a belt for the common person. A step up from rope. He was even willing to have some holes drilled in himself for when I got skinnier than the standardized belt-holes permitted.

We were through a lot together, Belty and I. We went to Europe. South America. He single handedly got me through High School and University. Then it all came crashing down.

I tried to put on the belt the other day, and a little metal ring thing came off. That part that keeps the "extra" amount at the end of your belt from flapping around.

I'm left with a predicament. Should I actually abandon McBelterson? In favor of something newer and more stylish? Or should I blindly keep going. Like driving with half-working brakes?

Time will tell.

Ooh. Unforgiven is on.

Comments:
All that belt needs is an onion to be back to stylin'.
 
You should keep ahold of your old belt. They don't make belts like they used to. Besides, it's nothing a little duct tape or the roll off some toilet paper can't fix.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2005 , March 2005 , April 2005 , May 2005 , June 2005 , July 2005 , August 2005 , September 2005 , October 2005 , November 2005 , December 2005 , January 2006 , February 2006 , March 2006 , April 2006 , May 2006 , June 2006 , July 2006 , August 2006 , September 2006 , October 2006 , November 2006 , December 2006 , January 2007 , February 2007 , March 2007 , April 2007 , May 2007 , June 2007 , July 2007 , August 2007 , September 2007 , October 2007 , November 2007 , December 2007 , January 2008 , February 2008 , March 2008 , May 2008 , September 2008 , October 2008 , November 2008 , December 2008 , January 2009 , April 2009 , September 2009 , November 2009 , June 2010 , August 2010 , November 2010 , June 2011 , July 2011 , November 2011 ,

Friends

jeremy, pender, phil, reido, furlong, ajay, earl, angus, nadeana, charles, classBlog
Powered by Blogger Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!<  Use OpenOffice.org  Rob's Music Get Songbird