Tommorow marks the beginning of a health experiment.
Remember
Supersize Me? The one where the guy eats nothing but crap for 30 days? I'm going to try that in reverse, to see if there are any noticable benefits (wellness, health, financial) from attempting to eat better. Please note that this isn't a diet, but rather a step up in the quality of foods I eat. I am not interested in loosing weight of any kind, and wont be monitoring calorie intake or watching my weight from day to day or anything like that.
Here are the rules for the next 4 weeks (Sept 25th - Oct 23rd):
A) No refined sugars (includes obvious sources as well as in coffees, cakes, white bread)
B) No colas/sodas/pops.
C) No processed meats. (switching to real meats)
D) I must eat an Orange, an Apple, a Peach, and a Banana every day.
E) Caffine/Coffee is allowed. I tried giving it up before and almost went completely insane.
F) At least 1 Green Tea each day (possibly in place of coffee but not necessarily)
G) No Fast food.
Exceptions:
I'm making these exceptions for lunches:
1) Extreme Pita: Grilled Chicken Pita
2) Subway: Undecided (probably lobster as it's the most unprocessed of meats)
A lot of this isn't too much of a radical change for my lifestyle. I already began eating more fruit each day and I drink green tea. I use grain breads instead of white bread. I am, however, highly dependent on colas and I eat processed foods too much in the form of take-out.
A turkey is being cooked today to use as a basis for sandwhiches for lunch (instead of using processed turkey). I'll probably start cooking more in the nights this month to help out myself for the following day.
I'll post from time to time, probably starting tommorow regarding my progress.
edit: added rule G, to which the exeptions apply.