After a run of good poker games over the past year, I broke the streak tonight and was the 2nd person out.
During the game someone made the comment of updating blogs with poker results, as a joke I think, but here's my run-down anyways!
My first mistake was a mis-read on phil's face about 2 hours into the game. Up to this point I was doing well and acquiring chips. I felt I could read his face for some time now (and have been pretty successful at it during hands in the past).. I noticed what seemed to be a forced phil-smile of bluffdom, that's usually different from the forced phil-smile of awesome-handedness. Moreover, I had a pretty good hand. An ace in my pocket and an ace on the board. I had him, or so I thought.
We bounce back with rasies and raises, until I have a large percentage of my money in the pot. Lets see em'.
He flips two pocket-aces. Three of a kind. Zing!
I never did recover any substantial amount. It was closing near midnight and I wanted something greasy and terrible to eat, as all I had to eat for supper earlier was some cheese on some bread and an assortment of raisins. I realized all of the fast food places would be closing soon. Hence, the frequency of my "all-ins" began creeping upwards.
My final all-in, I went in with a pair of queens against phil's friend D.K. (donkey kong?)..
Pair of Kings. I was outta there, and on the streets looking for some heart clutching action. I had to make an executive decision between McDonalds on Torbay Road (which is open 24 hours) or the one in CBS (next to my house).. I decided to try to make the CBS one before it closed. That way, I could eat at home and it would still be warm.
I drove about 120-140 km/hr through the night and arrived at my destination at around 11:45. It was closed!!?! Yep: Sunday night.
So here I sit, eating some sort of whole grain almond crunch cereal with skim milk.
Whata world. Whata world.
I get a chance to recapture the glory at another game next week (tonight was the warmup for that one). At the very least, I'll be sure to get some McDonalds that night.