Have you ever looked at your receipts? I mean really looked at them; beyond numbers and the taxes. There's usually some pretty funny material buried away in there.
Take a look at this receipt from yesterday. I went through the Wendy's drive-through for some lunch. At first the receipt appears normal: Spicy Chicken Combo.. It appears I have substituted a potato for the fries. And I got a diet drink. Pretty normal right?
Look again. There is a goldmine of oddities in there.
First off... the receipt is titled with
PARKED in large letters with a back-drop. I found this weird because I went through the drive-through. I guess they are indicating here that I actually stopped my car to pay with my debit and to accept the food. I wonder if I maintained some speed during this process, would the
PARKED title still be there? I'm curious to know if it says
PARKED when you go in the restaurant to eat, because you usually really do park then.
A second oddity occurs after HST in the payment section.. It clearly explains:
(______)
What does this mean?? Is there something supposed to be in there. Am
I supposed to fill this out?? I'm guessing this perhaps should contain the percentage that is applied for HST tax, being 15%.. but whatever. (______).
The next oddity is my favorite one. For some reason, it's blessed with the largest font size of the entire text of the receipt. Standing out above all other things is an astounding
Lets Go!
It's funny because this font gets a larger status, than say, the name of the restaurant.
Lets Go? Lets Go where? Maybe they are trying to get your ass out of the drive through so they can serve the next person.. Talk about energetic!
Finally, the finale. The receipt ends with a kind "
See You Tomorrow".
Uh oh. Does this mean I have to come back tomorrow? And then I'd get another receipt ordering me back again on the next day. This command in it's very essence implies a daily intake of Wendy's fast food.
I'll keep an eye out for other funny receipts.
Just some food for thought.