rob was here.

Monday, September 05, 2005

labour day weekend: un-labourous

I had an extended long weekend this week, with today off due to labour day as well as getting off early on Friday (due to my company's kindness!). So what have I been up to?

Nothing.

I've stayed pretty low-profile the last while. This blog posting will be a brief recap of my weekend (and pretty much all my nights from the past working week as well). I'll order items in order of time spent (more or less):

1) Deadwood - Deadwood is a HBO television series. It's a western that chronicles the story of a frontier town (called deadwood) on an Indian reservation. What makes the series interesting is that it's based on real records of what happened in history, such that the characters and locations are portrayed as realistically as possible. I'm just about done watching the first season, and as it's hooked my attention, I will start in on the second season promptly afterwards.

2.) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Auto Modellista are two Gamecube games which have been demanding much of my attention lately. I finished Zelda the other night so that's out of the way (until the next Zelda is released early 2006). In the meantime I've been enjoying some racing with auto modellista. It just occurred to me that both of these games are done in a very cartoony cell-shaded style graphics. They must appeal to me I guess.

3.) My guitars. I have an Ibanez silver cadet (electric) and my brothers old Harmony 12-string acoustic lying around, and I've been playing them quite a lot recently. I've also began really wanting a standard 6-string acoustic. I might look for a cheap one of those, as well as a decent stand or two for my existing guitars.

4.) Last Days is an indie film I recommend. It takes you through a "fictional" account of the last days of one Kurt Cobain. I think the "fictional" component comes from the fact that nobody really knows how he spent the last few days of his life (as he spent them alone), and also because the director (Gus Van Sant) didn't get the rights to do a movie on Cobain per se. The main character's name in the movie is Blake, and other characters are renamed to prevent Van Sant's ass from getting sued. Being a huge Nirvana fan most of my days, I enjoyed his take on Cobain, and I would recommend the movie to fans or to anyone who's remotely interested.

5.) Star-Watchin'. The last few nights the sky was crystal clear. It was a good night to crawl outside, light a small pit fire, and gaze at the stars. I'm not big on constellations but some of the normal northern hemisphere constellations are clearly visible like the big dipper, the little dipper and orion. I also saw many shooting stars and satellites zooming across the night sky. It's a good time to let your mind wander. Good stuff. The fall is usually a prime season for star watchin as the air chills down and the air gets crisp.

6.) Sleep. 12 hours of sleep or more per night. Need I say more?

7.) Generic Stuff like cooking, cleaning, etc. Washed my car real good. Moved some furniture around, set up some stuff on the computer. Zoned out on the couch a few times.

Overall a good weekend. Some friends of mine are returning or have recently returned this week. That combined with a poker tournament next weekend should result in a more active week perhaps :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2005 , March 2005 , April 2005 , May 2005 , June 2005 , July 2005 , August 2005 , September 2005 , October 2005 , November 2005 , December 2005 , January 2006 , February 2006 , March 2006 , April 2006 , May 2006 , June 2006 , July 2006 , August 2006 , September 2006 , October 2006 , November 2006 , December 2006 , January 2007 , February 2007 , March 2007 , April 2007 , May 2007 , June 2007 , July 2007 , August 2007 , September 2007 , October 2007 , November 2007 , December 2007 , January 2008 , February 2008 , March 2008 , May 2008 , September 2008 , October 2008 , November 2008 , December 2008 , January 2009 , April 2009 , September 2009 , November 2009 , June 2010 , August 2010 , November 2010 , June 2011 , July 2011 , November 2011 ,

Friends

jeremy, pender, phil, reido, furlong, ajay, earl, angus, nadeana, charles, classBlog
Powered by Blogger Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!<  Use OpenOffice.org  Rob's Music Get Songbird