This evening i took a few hours to organize data on my machine into some seemingly intelligent folder scheme, and do something that everyone should do more often: make backups.
I usually keep up-to-date backups of my valuable data (photos, music, projects, etc) on my handy portable harddrive which sits atop of my computer tower. Having a replica of your data on another harddrive is a fine idea, but is no means a reliable way to secure your data forever. It's a good idea to store your valuables on more than one medium and keep at least some of them stored remotely.
Thats why it's a good idea to burn off your goods onto some sort of optical media like cd's or dvd's. I'm burning my 3rd and final dvd as i type, and I will bring them to be stored somewhere out of the way at my girlfriends house.
I should try to do regular backups like this more frequently than I do, but it is sort of a hassle, but a neccessary one if you ask me!
Other than that, I've been working away with my new job (almost a month now!).. and in the evenings i've been pretty much relaxing.. Going to some movies, out to dinner with friends, playing gamecube, that sort of thing :)
I've also started moving all of my families photos out of the old style photo-albums that have the sticky cardboard pages with the clear plastic that stick on over them, into newer photo-albums that have clever individual sleves for each photo. It makes it easy to organize and remove photos if need be. Our old photo albums were getting in pretty bad shape anyways, so it's good to rejuvinate them!