rob was here.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

summery goodness begins?

Well, it's almost june, and its been just over a month since I wrote my last final exam and secured my university degree. I convocate this coming friday; thats where i gotta throw on the robe and walk across the stage.

I've been searching for employment (pretty casually mind you) at the local software companies here in St. John's.. Just pretty much been sending resumes and emails out. No interviews yet. Most places just say that they will file my resume. I'll keep up the hunt, and in the meantime, i'm thinking about some of my own projects as well.

E3 for 2005 happened last week, and I followed it pretty closely. The 3 next-gen consoles have been announced and prototypes were displayed, however nothing really took me off guard as new and groundbreaking. Everything just seemed to be stepped up to try to have huge gains in computational performance, and ridiculous amounts mind you. I will have to wait to see them in action before i can really make any decisions about them. I, myself, am leaning towards the Nintendo Revolution, mainly because its backwards compatible with my current gamecube games and it will probably be the cheapest of the three.

In terms of the PC developers that were there, id software announced that they are making a sequel to wolfenstien: enemy territory called quake wars, which will mix and match characters and game styles from the wolfenstien series with the alien-esque quake series. It seems like a really fun concept: wwII-modern era earth forces vs. invading aliens, and you can choose which side you can be on and what not. We'll see how that goes. I'm also looking forward to the new zelda game (twilight princess) being developed for the gamecube.

I watched Star Wars: Episode III yesterday, and I must say, I really really enjoyed it. Then again, I'm not as picky as most people when it comes to these movies. I enjoyed episodes I and II as well. I did find that the special effects, fight scenes, and overall plot was a lot more streamlined that the first two, which I felt concentrated too much on political development. Perhaps that was necessary to get the full effect of what happens in episode III, though.

It is rumored that George Lucas is giving the go-ahead for 2 new TV series based on the star wrs universe. One is to be a cartoon, and the other is said to be live action. Sounds interesting, and he definitly has the money to back it up!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

February 2005 , March 2005 , April 2005 , May 2005 , June 2005 , July 2005 , August 2005 , September 2005 , October 2005 , November 2005 , December 2005 , January 2006 , February 2006 , March 2006 , April 2006 , May 2006 , June 2006 , July 2006 , August 2006 , September 2006 , October 2006 , November 2006 , December 2006 , January 2007 , February 2007 , March 2007 , April 2007 , May 2007 , June 2007 , July 2007 , August 2007 , September 2007 , October 2007 , November 2007 , December 2007 , January 2008 , February 2008 , March 2008 , May 2008 , September 2008 , October 2008 , November 2008 , December 2008 , January 2009 , April 2009 , September 2009 , November 2009 , June 2010 , August 2010 , November 2010 , June 2011 , July 2011 , November 2011 ,

Friends

jeremy, pender, phil, reido, furlong, ajay, earl, angus, nadeana, charles, classBlog
Powered by Blogger Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!<  Use OpenOffice.org  Rob's Music Get Songbird